- (British) IPA: /ˌdɒk.jəˈmɛn.tɹi/, /ˌdɒk.jʊˈmɛn.tɹi/
- (America) IPA: /ˌdɑ.kjəˈmɛn.(tɚ.)ɹi/, /ˌdɑ.kjʊˈmɛn.tɚ.ɹi/
documentary (not comparable)
- Of, related to, or based on documents.
- Which serves to document (record and:or illustrate) a subject.
- (of a film, book etc) Presented objectively without the insertion of fictional matter.
documentary (plural documentaries)
- A film, TV program, publication etc. which presents a social, political, scientific or historical subject in a factual or informative manner.
- French: documentaire
- German: Dokumentation, Dokumentarfilm
- Italian: documentario
- Portuguese: documentário
- Russian: документа́льный фильм
- Spanish: documental