- IPA: /ˈɛləfənt/, /ˈɛlɪfənt/
- A mammal of the order Proboscidea, having a trunk, and two large ivory tusks jutting from the upper jaw.
- (figuratively) Anything huge and ponderous.
- (paper, printing) Synonym of elephant paper
- (British, childish) used when counting to add length, so that each count takes about one second
- Let's play hide and seek. I'll count. One elephant, two elephant, three elephant...
- (uncountable, obsolete) Ivory.
's translation of Virgil's Aeneid
- He sent rich gifts of elephant and gold.
- French: éléphant, éléphante, éléphanteau, (rare) éléphantelle
- German: Elefant, Elefantenbulle, Elefantin, Elefantenkuh, Elefantenkalb
- Italian: elefante
- Portuguese: elefante, elefanta, aliá, elefoa, alifante
- Russian: слон
- Spanish: elefante
- French: éléphantesque
- The 105th sura (chapter) of the Quran.
- Russian: Сло́н