- The character or fundamental values of a person, people, culture, or movement.
- (rhetoric) A form of rhetoric in which the writer or speaker invokes their authority, competence or expertise in an attempt to persuade others that their view is correct.
- (aesthetics) The traits in a work of art which express the ideal or typic character, as influenced by the ethos (character or fundamental values) of a people, rather than realistic or emotional situations or individual character in a narrow sense; opposed to pathos.
- ethogram (zoölogy)
- ethoi (hypercorrect)
- ethopoetic (obsolete, rare)
- ethosed (rare, non-standard)
- ethoses (non-standard)