- enPR fĭsh'ən, IPA: /ˈfɪʃən/, /ˈfɪʒən/
- The process whereby one item splits to become two.
- (physics) Short for nuclear fission#English|nuclear fission: The process of splitting the nucleus of an atom into smaller particles.
- (biology) The process by which a bacterium splits to form two daughter cells.
fission (fissions, present participle fissioning; past fissioned, past participle fissioned)
- (transitive) To cause to undergo fission.
- (intransitive) To undergo fission.
- French: fissionner
- German: spalten
- Italian: fissionare
- Portuguese: fissionar
- Russian: расщепле́ние
- Spanish: fisionar