honorary (not comparable)
- Given as an honor/honour, with no duties attached, and without payment.
- honorary degree; honorary doctorate
- Describes the holder of a position or title that is assigned to him as a special honor rather than by normal channels.
- honorary citizen
- honorary consul
- honorary vice president
- honorary member of the family
- French: honoris causa
- Italian: honoris causa, ad honorem
- Russian: почётный
honorary (plural honoraries)
- An honorarium; a fee for services of no fixed value.
- (US) A kind of secret society that operates in name only, with membership given to honor some achievement.