- The act#Noun|act or service#Noun|service of welcome#Verb|welcoming, receiving, host#Verb|hosting, or entertaining guests.
- Synonyms: guestfriendship, guestfriendliness
- Please thank our hosts for their hospitality during the week that we stayed.
- 1709, [Jonathan Swift], “The Metamorphosis of Baucis and Philemon, Burlesqu’d; from the 8th Book of Ovid”, in Baucis and Philemon; a Poem. […], London: Printed and sold by H. Hills, […], OCLC 745157818 ↗, page 3 ↗:
- In Ancient Times, as Story tells, / The Saints would often leave their Cells, / And ſtrole about, but hide their Quality, / To try good Peoples Hoſpitality.
- (business) The business of providing catering, lodging and entertainment service; the industry which includes the operation of hotels, restaurants, and similar enterprises.
- After graduating from college, she found a job in hospitality.
- French: hospitalité
- German: Gastfreundlichkeit, Gastfreundschaft, Gastlichkeit
- Italian: ospitalità
- Portuguese: hospitalidade
- Russian: гостеприи́мство
- Spanish: hospitalidad
- French: (singular only) hôtellerie-restauration
- German: Gastgewerbe
- Portuguese: hotelaria
- Russian: обслу́живание
- Spanish: hostelería