- (British, America) IPA: /məˌnɪp.juˈleɪ.ʃən/
- The practice of manipulating or the state of being manipulated.
- The dealer's manipulations could have removed cards from the deck.
- The skillful use of the hands in, for example, chiropractic.
- After a few minutes of manipulation each week, she obtained days of relief from her neck pain.
- The usage of underhanded influence over a person, event, or situation to gain a desired outcome.
- The counselor was able to reach the disturbed teen through positive psychological manipulation.
- Through subtle manipulations he orchestrated the downfall of his rival.
- German: Manipulation
- Italian: manipolazione
- Portuguese: manipulação
- Russian: манипуля́ция
- Spanish: manipulación