- (British) IPA: /pəˈsɪst(ə)ns/
- The property of being persistent.
- You've got to admire his persistence. He's asked her out every day for a month even though she keeps turning him down.
- (computer science) Of data, the property of continuing to exist after the termination of the program.
- Once written to a disk file, the data has persistence: it will still be there tomorrow when we run the next program.
- (meteorology) Continuation of the previous day's weather (particularly temperature and precipitation statistics).
- French: persistance
- German: Ausdauer, Bestand, Beständigkeit
- Italian: perseveranza, persistere
- Portuguese: persistência
- Russian: насто́йчивость
- Spanish: persistenciaperseverancia