puffer (plural puffers)
- Someone or something that puffs.
- Any of several poisonous fish, of the family Tetraodontidae, which have the ability to inflate their bodies when in danger.
- A manually-operated inhaler.
- (dated, childish) A train; a locomotive, usually one that is steam-powered.
- A Clyde puffer, a kind of small ship.
- (slang) A car left idling to warm up, emitting steam from the rear.
- (fashion) An insulated puffy jacket, such as a down jacket.
- (dated) A person who gives exaggerated praise to a product, literary work, etc.
- (dated, slang) One who is employed by the owner or seller of goods sold at auction to bid up the price; a by-bidder.
- (derogatory) An alchemist; so named from their constant attendance to the bellows of their furnaces.
- The common, or harbour, porpoise.
- A kier used in dyeing.
- (glassblowing) A soffietta.
- (cellular automata) A finite pattern that moves like a spaceship but leaves a trail of debris.
- Portuguese: soprador, pitador