reinforce (reinforces, present participle reinforcing; past and past participle reinforced)
(transitive) To strengthen, especially by addition or augmentation.
- He reinforced the handle with a metal rod and a bit of tape.
- (transitive) To emphasize or review.
- The right homework will reinforce and complement the lesson!
- (transitive) To encourage (a behavior or idea) through repeated stimulus.
- Advertising for fast food can reinforce unhealthy dietary tendencies.
- (strengthen) strengthen, augment, fortify, buttress, bolster, line
- (emphasize) emphasize, review, repeat
- (encourage) encourage, reward, instruct, teach, learn
- French: renforcer
- German: verstärken, aussteifen, versteifen, ertüchtigen, aufdoppeln
- Italian: rinforzare
- Portuguese: reforçar
- Russian: подкрепля́ть
- Spanish: reforzar