- IPA: /səˈlɛktɪv/
- Of or relating to the process of selection.
- (biology) Of or relating to natural selection.
- selective pressure
- (of a person) choosy, fussy or discriminating when selecting.
- He's very selective and spent hours in the store choosing a new shirt.
- (chiefly, US, not comparable) Having the authority or capability to make a selection.
- In the USA, military conscription is controlled by the Selective Service.
- French: sélectif
- German: selektiv, auswählend, herausgreifend, ausgewählt, gezielt, punktuell
- Italian: selettivo
- Portuguese: seletivo
- Russian: вы́борный
- Spanish: selectivo
- German: selektiv, Selektions-