- IPA: /ˈsɪmpli/
- (manner) In a simple way or state; considered in or by itself; without addition; alone.
- Antonyms: complexly
- (manner) Plainly; without art or subtlety
- Synonyms: clearly, obviously, unquestionably
- (manner) Weakly; foolishly; stupidly.
- (focus) Merely; solely.
- Synonyms: just, Thesaurus:merely
- I was simply asking a question.
- (degree) absolutely, positively.
- That was a simply wonderful dessert.
- Synonyms: very, Thesaurus:very
- (speech act) Frankly.
- Simply, he just fired you.
- Synonyms: honestly, Thesaurus:actually
- French: simplement
- German: einfach
- Italian: semplicemente, in parole povere
- Portuguese: simplesmente
- Russian: про́сто
- Spanish: simplemente, sencillamente
- Spanish: simplemente