- Rigidity or a measure of rigidity.
- Inflexibility or a measure of inflexibility.
- Inelegance; a lack of relaxedness.
- His stiffness hampered the conversation.
- 1699, Sir William Temple, 1st Baronet, Heads designed for an essay on conversations ↗
- Study gives strength to the mind; conversation, grace: the first apt to give stiffness, the other suppleness: one gives substance and form to the statue, the other polishes it.
- Muscular tension due to unaccustomed or excessive exercise or work; soreness.
- French: rigidité, raideur
- German: Erstarrung, Starre, Steife, Steifigkeit, Steifheit
- Italian: rigidezza, rigidità
- Portuguese: rigidez
- Russian: жёсткость
- Spanish: rigidez, tiesura
- French: raideur
- Russian: чо́порность