- Used to express appreciation or gratitude.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:thank you
- Could you give me a hand, please? — Yes, sure. — Thanks.
- ~1595, Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, act 5, scene 1
- Thanks, courteous wall: Jove shield thee well for this!
- French: merci
- German: danke
- Italian: grazie
- Portuguese: obrigado, obrigada, valeu (informal)
- Russian: спаси́бо
- Spanish: gracias
- plural form of thank
An expression of gratitude.
- After all I’ve done, a simple acknowledgment is all the thanks I get?
- Grateful feelings or thoughts.
- French: remerciement
- German: Dank
- Italian: ringraziamento
- Portuguese: gratidão, agradecimento
- Russian: благода́рность
- Spanish: agradecimiento
- third-person singular form of thank