- IPA: /ˈbɪldɪŋ/
- (uncountable) The act or process by which something is built; construction.
- Synonyms: construction
- The building of the bridge will be completed in a couple of weeks.
- (countable) A closed structure with walls and a roof.
- Synonyms: edifice, Thesaurus:building
- My sister lives in that apartment building.
- French: construction
- German: Bau, Bauen
- Italian: costruzione, edificazione
- Portuguese: construção, edificação
- Russian: строи́тельство
- Spanish: edificación, construcción
- French: immeuble, édifice, bâtiment
- German: Gebäude, Bau
- Italian: edificio, palazzo
- Portuguese: edifício, prédio
- Russian: зда́ние
- Spanish: edificio
- present participle of build#English|build