- IPA: /kənfɛdəˈɹeɪʃən/
confederation (plural confederations)Synonyms Translations
- French: confédération
- German: Bund, Bündnis, Konföderation, Eidgenossenschaft, Staatenbund, Staatenbündnis
- Italian: confederazione
- Portuguese: confederação
- Russian: конфедера́ция
- Spanish: confederación
- In Canada, the federal union of provinces and territories which formed Canada, beginning with New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Quebec, and later including all the others.
- In Canada, the date of Confederation; 1 July 1867.
- In Newfoundland, the political union of Newfoundland with Canada.
- In Newfoundland, the date of Confederation; 31 March 1949.