conserve (plural conserves)
- Wilderness where human development is prohibited.
- A jam or thick syrup made from fruit.
- I shall […] study broths, plasters, and conserves, till from a fine lady I become a notable woman.
- (obsolete) A medicinal confection made of freshly gathered vegetable substances mixed with finely powdered refined sugar.
- (obsolete) A conservatory.
- Portuguese: reserva
- Spanish: parque nacional
conserve (conserves, present participle conserving; past and past participle conserved)
- (transitive) To save for later use, sometimes by the use of a preservative.
- to conserve fruits with sugar
- the amity which […] they meant to conserve and maintain with the emperor
- (transitive) To protect an environment.
- (physics, chemistry, intransitive) To remain unchanged during a process