- IPA: /ˌkʌltɪˈveɪʃən/
- The art or act of cultivating; improvement of land for or by agriculture
- The heavy cultivation of the hillside led to soil erosion.
- The state of being cultivated or used for agriculture
- These fields are in cultivation.
- Devotion of time or attention to the improvement of (something)
- His steadfast cultivation of their relationship finally bore fruit.
- Advancement or refinement in physical, intellectual, or moral condition
- She is a woman of great cultivation.
- (art or act of cultivating) tillage
- (advancement or refinement in condition) refinement, culture; education
- French: culture
- German: Bodenbearbeitung, Kultivierung
- Italian: coltura
- Portuguese: cultivo, cultivação
- Russian: культиви́рование
- Spanish: cultivación, cultivo