- (British) IPA: /dɪˈɡɹeɪd/, /diˈɡɹeɪd/
degrade (degrades, present participle degrading; past and past participle degraded)
- (transitive) To lower in value or social position.
- Fred degrades himself by his behaviour.
- Prynne was sentenced by the Star Chamber Court to be degraded from the bar.
- (intransitive) To reduce in quality or purity.
- The DNA sample has degraded.
- (transitive, geology) To reduce in altitude or magnitude, as hills and mountains; to wear down.
- German: degradieren, herabstufen, herunterstufen, herabsetzen
- Italian: degradare
- Portuguese: degradar
- Spanish: degradar