- (British, America) IPA: /dɪˈɹaɪ.sɪv/, /dɪˈɹɪ.sɪv/
- Expressing or characterized by derision; mocking; ridiculing.
- The critic's review of the film was derisive.
- Deserving or provoking derision or ridicule.
- The plot of the film was so derisive that the audience began to jeer.
- (expressing or characterized by derision) mocking, ridiculing, scornful, disdainful
- (deserving or provoking derision) ridiculous
- French: dérisoire, ridiculeironique, moqueur
- German: spöttisch, höhnisch
- Portuguese: escarnecedor
- Russian: насме́шливый
- Spanish: irrisorio
derisive (plural derisives)
- (rare) A derisive remark.