- (British) IPA: /ˈdɪstənt/
- Far off (physically, logically or mentally).
- We heard a distant rumbling but didn't pay any more attention to it. She was surprised to find that her fiancé was a distant relative of hers. His distant look showed that he was not listening to me.
- Emotionally unresponsive or unwilling to express genuine feelings.
- Ever since our argument, she has been totally distant toward me.
- (far off) faraway; see also Thesaurus:distant
- (emotionally unresponsive) aloof, cold
- French: distant, lointain, éloigné
- German: fern, entfernt, distanziert, abstehend
- Italian: distante
- Portuguese: distante
- Russian: далёкий
- Spanish: distante, a distancia, huraño
- Spanish: distante