fiercely (comparative fiercelier, superlative fierceliest)
- In a fierce#Adjective|fierce manner.
- The wind blew fiercely and the rain fell heavily.
- 1879, R[ichard] J[efferies], chapter 1, in The Amateur Poacher, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., […], OCLC 752825175 ↗:
- They burned the old gun that used to stand in the dark corner up in the garret, close to the stuffed fox that always grinned so fiercely. Perhaps the reason why he seemed in such a ghastly rage was that he did not come by his death fairly. And why else was he put away up there out of sight?—and so magnificent a brush as he had too.
- French: âprement, farouchement
- German: heftig, wütend
- Italian: trucemente, perfidamente, ferocemente, accanitamente, tenacemente
- Portuguese: ferozmente
- Russian: свире́по
- Spanish: fieramente