- (transitive) To put up to hang.
- I hung up my wash on the line.
- (intransitive, idiomatic) To terminate a telephone call.
- When my mother started telling me to be careful over the phone, I threatened to hang up on her.
- To keep delayed, suspended, held up, or stuck.
- (terminate a phone call) release a call
- French: suspendre
- German: aufhängen
- Italian: appendere
- Portuguese: pendurar
- Russian: ве́шать
- Spanish: colgar
- French: raccrocher, raccrocher au nez
- German: auflegen
- Italian: riagganciare, riattaccare
- Portuguese: desligar
- Russian: класть трубка
- Spanish: colgar, cortar
- Italian: tenere in sospeso, tenere in attesa, tenere sulle spine, rimuginare