intellectual property (uncountable)
- (uncountable) Any product of someone's intellect that has commercial value: a piece of literature, a painting, an invention, a trademark, a trade secret, etc. Works protected under intellectual property law, and accorded intellectual property rights such as copyrights and patents.
- (countable) Any individual work that is protected under intellectual property law.
- One area of current change concerns intellectual properties and intellectual property rights.
- For technology companies, a well-constructed system for managing intellectual properties is fundamental to being able to extract full value from the properties
- French: propriété intellectuelle
- German: geistiges Eigentum
- Portuguese: propriedade intelectual
- Russian: интеллектуа́льная со́бственность
- Spanish: propiedad intelectual