- IPA: /oʊˈmɪʃən/
- The act of omitting.
- The act of neglecting to perform an action one has an obligation to do.
- Something deleted or left out.
- The suspicious omissions in the new edition of the book attracted claims of censorship.
- Something not done or neglected.
- (grammar) The shortening of a word or phrase, using an apostrophe ( ' ) to replace the missing letters, often used to approximate the sound of speech or a specific dialect.
- French: omission
- German: Unterlassung, Unterlassen
- Portuguese: omissão
- Russian: упуще́ние
- Spanish: omisión
- German: Auslassung
- Russian: про́пуск