overturn (overturns, present participle overturning; past and past participle overturned)
- (transitive or intransitive) To turn over, capsize or upset.
- (transitive) To overthrow or destroy.
- (legal, transitive) To reverse (a decision); to overrule or rescind.
- (transitive) To diminish the significance of a previous defeat by winning; to comeback from.
- French: renverser, retourner, capoter
- German: überschlagen
- Italian: ribaltare, capovolgere
- Portuguese: capotar
- Spanish: volcar
overturn (plural overturns)
- A turning over or upside-down; inversion.
- The overturning or overthrow of some institution or state of affairs; ruin.