- IPA: /ɹɪˈsɪnd/
rescind (rescinds, present participle rescinding; past and past participle rescinded)
- (transitive) To repeal, annul, or declare void; to take (something such as a rule or contract) out of effect.
- The agency will rescind the policy because many people are dissatisfied with it.
- (transitive) To cut away or off.
- French: abroger, annuler
- German: widerrufen, annullieren, aufheben, für ungültig erklären, rückgängig machen, außer Kraft setzen, zurücknehmen, zurückziehen
- Italian: rescindere
- Portuguese: rescindir
- Russian: расторга́ть
- Spanish: rescindir, cancelar, anular