- Pertaining to human beings as distinct from things.
- Of or pertaining to a particular person; relating to, or affecting, an individual, or each of many individuals; peculiar or proper to private concerns; not public or general
- personal question; personal desire
- Her song was her personal look at the values of friendship.
- You can't read my diary - it is personal.
- Pertaining to the external or bodily appearance; corporeal.
- personal charms
- Done in person; without the intervention of another.
- a personal interview; personal settings
- '2011, Bob Nelson, Peter Economy, Consulting For Dummies
- Although you miss the nonverbal cues that you pick up in a personal meeting, you can call far more clients in a day than you can meet with in person.
- Relating to an individual, their character, conduct, motives, or private affairs, in an invidious and offensive manner
- personal reflections or remarks
- (grammar) Denoting a person.
- French: personnel
- German: persönlich
- Italian: personale
- Portuguese: pessoal
- Russian: ли́чный
- Spanish: personal
- French: en personne
personal (plural personals)
- An advertisement by which individuals attempt to meet others with similar interests.
- A movable; a chattel.