- IPA: /pɹəˈkjʊə.mənt/
- (uncountable) The purchasing department of a company.
- (countable) The act of procuring or obtaining; obtainment; attainment.
- He was responsible for the procurement of materials and supplies.
- I have a lot of experience in the procurement of construction materials and sub-contracts.
- Efficient contrivance; management; agency.
- They think it done by her procurement. -Dryden.
- French: achats
- German: Einkauf
- Italian: ufficio acquisti
- Portuguese: compras, suprimentos
- Russian: отде́л закупа
- Spanish: departamento de compras
- French: obtention
- German: Beschaffung
- Italian: acquisto, approvvigionamento, appalto
- Portuguese: obtenção, aquisição
- Russian: добывание
- Italian: gestione