- (America) IPA: /ɹɪˈpɔɹtɚ/
- (RP) IPA: /ɹɪˈpɔːtə/
- (rhotic, horse-hoarse) IPA: /ɹɪˈpo(ː)ɹtɚ/
- (nonrhotic, horse-hoarse) IPA: /ɹɪˈpoətə/
reporter (plural reporters)
- Someone or something that reports.
- The reporters of important security bugs may be paid a bounty by the software developer.
- A journalist who investigates, edits and reports news stories for newspapers, radio and television.
- A person who records and issues official reports of judicial or legislative proceedings.
- (legal) A case reporter; a bound volume of printed legal opinions from a particular jurisdiction.
- (biology) A gene attached by a researcher to a regulatory sequence of another gene of interest, typically used as an indication of whether a certain gene has been taken up by or expressed in the cell or organism population.
- French: reporter, rapporteur, journaliste
- German: Reporter, Reporterin
- Italian: giornalista, inviato, corrispondente
- Portuguese: repórter, jornalista
- Russian: репортёр
- Spanish: reportero