- Relating to the law or to lawyers.
- legal profession
- Having its basis in the law.
- legal precedent
- Being allowed or prescribed by law.
- legal motion
- (informal) Above the age of consent or the legal drinking age.
- (allowed) banned, contraband, disallowed, forbidden, illegal, outlawed, unlawful
- (concerning law) black-market, back-alley
- (over age of consent) underage
- French: juridique, légal (criticized)
- German: juristisch, rechtlich
- Italian: legale, giuridico
- Portuguese: legal
- Russian: юриди́ческий
- Spanish: legal, jurídico
- (uncountable, informal) The legal department of a company.
- Legal wants this in writing.
- (uncountable, US, Canada) Paper in sheets 8½ in × 14 in (215.9 mm × 355.6 mm).
- (countable) A spy who is attached to, and ostensibly employed by, an embassy, military outpost, etc.
- (countable, informal, US) Somebody who immigrated lawfully.
- Antonyms: illegal, undocumented
- IPA: /lɨˈɡæl/
- A town in Alberta, Canada