- (idiomatic) snobbish, conceited; believing oneself to be better than others, usually because of abundant success; haughty; arrogant or egotistical.
- The rich people in that neighborhood were stuck up and not friendly at all.
- (idiomatic) jammed; stuck and unable to move.
- The type of battery and the battery power level may cause the lens to be stuck up.
- We were stuck up here for three hours!.
- See also Thesaurus:arrogant
- French: hautain, orgueilleux, vaniteux
- German: eingebildet
- Russian: высокоме́рный
- Spanish: altanero, arrogante, estirado, pituco (Chile), siútico (Chile, Bolivia), fresa (Mexico), creído, pijo, endiosado
- Simple past tense and past participle of stick up