- Well grounded or justifiable, pertinent.
- I will believe him as soon as he offers a valid answer.
- Acceptable, proper or correct; in accordance with the rules.
- A valid format for the date is MM/DD/YY.
- Do not drive without a valid license.
- Related to the current topic, or presented within context, relevant.
- (logic) Of a formula or system: such that it evaluates to true regardless of the input values.
- (logic) Of an argument: whose conclusion is always true whenever its premises are true.
- An argument is valid if and only if the set consisting of both (1) all of its premises and (2) the contradictory of its conclusion is inconsistent.
- (Christianity, theology) Effective.
- He is a priest now: although his ordination was contrary to the law of the church, it was still valid.
- Spanish: válido, valedero
- French: valide
- German: gültig
- Italian: valido
- Portuguese: válido
- Russian: действи́тельный
- Spanish: válido