vicinity (plural vicinities)
proximity; the state of being near.
- There was a crackling sound in the vicinity of my right ear.
neighbourhood; nearby region; surrounding area.
- There is a hurricane in the vicinity of the Bahamas.
- 2017 August 25, "Arrest threat as Yingluck Shinawatra misses verdict ↗", in aljazeera.com, Al Jazeera:
- Al Jazeera's Scott Heidler, reporting from Bangkok, said hundreds of Yingluck's supporters gathered outside the Bangkok Supreme Court to await the verdict but were not allowed in the vicinity.
- approximate size or amount.
- I weigh in the vicinity of 80kg.
- French: vicinité, environs
- German: Nachbarschaft, Umgebung
- Portuguese: vizinhança, arredores
- Russian: окре́стность