wagon (plural wagons)
- A four-wheeled#Adjective|wheeled cart#Noun|cart for haul#Verb|hauling load#Noun|loads. [from late 15th c.]
- A four-wheeled child's ride#Verb|riding toy#Noun|toy, pull#Verb|pulled or steer#verb|steered by a long#Adjective|long handle#Noun|handle attached to the front#Noun|front.
- An enclosed#Adjective|enclosed vehicle for carrying goods or people; (by extension) a lorry, a truck#Noun|truck.
- An enclosed vehicle used as a movable dwelling#Noun|dwelling; a caravan.
- Short for dinner wagon#English|dinner wagon (“set#Noun|set of light#Adjective|light shelves mount#Verb|mounted on castors so that it can be push#Verb|pushed around a dining room and used for serve#Verb|serving”).
- (slang) Short for paddy wagon#English|paddy wagon (“police#Noun|police van for transport#Verb|transporting prisoners”).
- (rail transport) A freight car on a railway.
- Synonyms: goods wagon
- (chiefly, Australia, US, slang) Short for station wagon#English|station wagon (“type of car in which the roof#Noun|roof extends rearward to produce an enclosed#Adjective|enclosed area in the position of and serving the function of the boot#Noun|boot (trunk)”); (by extension) a sport utility vehicle (SUV); any car.
- (Ireland, slang, derogatory, dated) A woman of loose#Adjective|loose moral#Noun|morals, a promiscuous woman, a slapper; (by extension) a woman regarded as obnoxious; a bitch, a cow#Noun|cow.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:promiscuous woman
- (math) A kind of prefix used in de Bruijn notation.
- French: charrette
- German: Wagen
- Italian: carro
- Portuguese: carro, carroça, vagão
- Russian: теле́га
- Spanish: carro, coche
- German: Bollerwagen
wagon (wagons, present participle wagoning; past and past participle wagoned)
- (transitive, chiefly, US) To load#Verb|load into a wagon in preparation for transportation; to transport#Verb|transport by means of a wagon.
- (intransitive, chiefly, US) To travel#Verb|travel in a wagon.
- (constellation) A bright circumpolar asterism of the northern sky, said to resemble a ladle or cart. It is part of the constellation Ursa Major and includes the stars Mizar, Dubhe, and Alkaid.
- Synonyms: Big Dipper, Plough, Charles' Wain, Drinking Gourd, Northern Ladle, Northern Waggoner, Wain, Great Wagon, Bandwagon, Saptarishi, Saucepan, triones