watermark (plural watermarks)
- A translucent design impressed on the surface of paper and visible when the paper is held to the light.
- (by extension) A logo superimposed on a digital image, a television broadcast, etc.
- (computing) A value stored in a datafile to ensure its integrity, so that if the file's contents are changed then the watermark will no longer match the contents.
- A mark indicating the level to which water has risen.
- French: filigrane
- German: Wasserzeichen
- Italian: filigrana
- Portuguese: marca d'água, marca de água
- Russian: водяно́й знак
- Spanish: marca de agua, filigrana
watermark (watermarks, present participle watermarking; past and past participle watermarked)
- (transitive) To mark paper with a watermark.
- (transitive) To mark a datafile with a digital watermark.
- French: filigraner
- German: mit Wasserzeichen versehen