archive (plural archives)
- A place for storing earlier, and often historical, material. An archive usually contains documents (letters, records, newspapers, etc.) or other types of media kept for historical interest.
- The material so kept, considered as a whole (compare archives).
- His archive of Old High German texts is the most extensive in Britain.
- (ecology) Natural deposits of material, regarded as a record of environmental changes over time.
- soil archive; peat archive
- French: archives
- German: Archiv
- Italian: archivio, banca dati
- Portuguese: arquivo
- Russian: архи́в
- Spanish: archivo
archive (archives, present participle archiving; past and past participle archived)
- To put into an archive.
- I was planning on archiving the documents from 2001.
- French: archiver
- German: archivieren
- Italian: archiviare
- Portuguese: arquivar
- Russian: архиви́ровать
- Spanish: archivar