- IPA: /əˈɹiːnə/
arena (plural arenas)
- An enclosed [[area, often outdoor, for the presentation of sporting events (sports arena) or other spectacular events; earthen area, often oval, specifically for rodeos (North America) or circular area for bullfights (especially Hispanic America).]]
- A large crowd filled the seats of the arena.
- The building housing such an area; specifically, a very large, often round building, often topped with a [[dome, designated for indoor sporting or other major events, such as concerts.]]
- The arena is grey with white beams.
- (historical) The sand-covered centre of an [[amphitheatre where contests were held in Ancient Rome.]]
- The gladiators entered the arena.
- A realm in which important events unfold.
- The company was a player in the maritime insurance arena.