- IPA: /ˈkɹiː.dəns/
- (uncountable) Acceptance of a belief or claim as true, especially on the basis of evidence.
- Based on the scientific data, I give credence to this hypothesis.
- (rare, uncountable) Credential or supporting material for a person or claim.
- He presented us with a letter of credence.
- (religion, countable) A small table or credenza used in certain Christian religious services.
- (countable) A cupboard, sideboard, or cabinet, particularly one intended for the display of rich vessels or plate on open shelves.
- Russian: же́ртвенник
- German: Kredenz
credence (credences, present participle credencing; past and past participle credenced)
- (obsolete) To give credence to; to believe.
- German: Glauben schenken, Vertrauen schenken
- Portuguese: acreditar