- IPA: /ˈdeɪdɹiːm/
daydream (plural daydreams)
- A spontaneous and fanciful series of thoughts while awake not connected to immediate reality.
- French: rêverie
- German: Tagtraum
- Italian: sogno ad occhi aperti, fantasticheria, fantasticaggine
- Portuguese: sonho acordado
- Russian: мечта́ние
- Spanish: ensueño, fantasía
daydream (daydreams, present participle daydreaming; past and past participle daydreamt)
- To have such a series of thoughts; to woolgather.
- Stop daydreaming and get back to work!
- French: rêvasser, rêver
- German: tagträumen, träumen
- Italian: fantasticare, sognare ad occhi aperti
- Portuguese: sonhar acordado, pensar na morte da bezerra
- Russian: мечта́ть
- Spanish: soñar despierto, pensar en la inmortalidad del cangrejo thinking about the immortality of the crab, fantasear, estar en Babia