financier (plural financiers)
- A person who, as a profession, profits from large financial transactions.
- A company that does the same.
- One charged with the administration of finance; an officer who administers the public revenue; a treasurer.
- A light, spongy teacake, usually based on almond flour or flavoring.
- A traditional French (Ragoût a la Financière) or Piemontese (Finanziera alla piemontese) rich sauce or ragout, made with coxcomb, wattles, cock's testicles, chicken livers and a variety of other ingredients.
- French: financier, financière
- German: Finanzier, Financier, Finanzierin, Financierin
- Russian: финанси́ст
financier (financiers, present participle financiering; past and past participle financiered)
- (ambitransitive) To carry out financial transactions; to finance something.