- (uncountable) A dessert made from frozen sweetened cream or a similar substance, usually flavoured.
- Strawberries are particularly delicious with ice cream.
- (countable) A snack consisting of ice cream on a stick, in a cup or in a wafer cone.
- Can I have some money for an ice cream, Mum?
- (dessert) iced cream (dated), frozen cow juice
- (in a wafer cone) cone, cornet, ice cream cone, ice-cream cornet
- French: crème glacée, (France) glace
- German: Eis, Eiscreme, Speiseeis
- Italian: gelato
- Portuguese: gelado (Portugal), sorvete (Brazil)
- Russian: моро́женое
- Spanish: helado, (Mexico) nieve, sorbete (El Salvador)