- IPA: /ɪnˈdʌstɹɪəl/
- Of or relating to industry, notably manufacturing.
- The industrial segment of the economy has seen troubles lately.
- Produced by such industry.
- Handicraft is less standardized then industrial products, hence less artistic or rather flawless.
- Used by such industry.
- Suitable for use in such industry; industrial-grade.
- This is an industrial product—it's much too strong for home use.
- Massive in scale or quantity.
- Employed as manpower by such industry.
- (of a society or country) Having many industries; industrialized.
- Italy is a part-industrial, part-rural nation.
- (music) Belonging or pertaining to the genre of industrial music.
- a track with clashing industrial beats
- French: industriel
- German: industriell, Industrie
- Italian: industriale
- Portuguese: industrial
- Russian: промы́шленный
- Spanish: industrial, fabril
- (dated, 19th-mid 20th century) An employee in industry.
- (business) An enterprise producing tangible goods or providing certain services to industrial companies.
- (finance) A bond or stock issued by such a company.
- (film) A film made for use within an industry, not for a movie-going audience.
- (informal, uncountable) Industrial music.
- I wish they'd play more industrial in this club.
- (informal) An industrial piercing.