- IPA: /ˈlɛtɪs/
- An edible plant, Lactuca sativa and its close relatives, having a head of green and/or purple leaves.
- (uncountable) The leaves of the lettuce plant, eaten as a vegetable; as a dish often mixed with other ingredients, dressing etc.
- I’ll have a ham sandwich with lettuce and tomato.
- (uncountable, US, slang) United States paper currency; dollars.
- Twelve dollars an hour? That's a lot of lettuce!
- A strong yellow-green colour, like that of lettuce (also called lettuce green).
- French: laitue
- German: Gartensalat (cultivated lettuce), Lattich (wild lettuce), Salat (cultivated lettuce)
- Italian: lattuga
- Portuguese: alface
- Russian: сала́т-лату́к
- Spanish: lechuga