love affair (plural love affairs)
- An affair; a usually adulterous relationship between people who are not married to each other.
- He was involved in a love affair with a married woman.
- A feeling of enthusiasm or strong liking for something; a fondness.
- I've always had a love affair with stamps.
- have an affair
- love connection
- French: affaire de cœur
- German: Liebesabenteuer, Liebesaffäre, Liaison, Techtelmechtel, Seitensprung, Bettgeschichte, Liebschaft, Affäre
- Italian: relazione amorosa, affare di cuore, tresca, legame sentimentale, storia, avventura
- Portuguese: caso
- Russian: рома́н
- Spanish: ligue, escarceo amoroso, aventura, devaneo, affaire ((fem. in Argentina and Uruguay)), lío, rollo, idilio, romance, amorío