- (transitive) To change part of.
- (intransitive) To be or become modified.
- (transitive) To set bounds to; to moderate.
- (grammar, transitive) To qualify the meaning of.
, A Semantic Analysis of Word Order: Position of the Adjective in French ↗
- There is inherently no ordering to the modification and no hierarchy of modification: that is, both adjectives modify the substantive and both apply equally to the substantive...
The New Harbrace Guide: Genres for Composing ↗
- Adjectives modify nouns.
- French: modifier
- German: ändern, abändern, modifizieren
- Italian: modificare
- Portuguese: modificar
- Russian: изменя́ть
- Spanish: modificar
- German: bearbeiten
- Russian: изменя́ться