- IPA: /ˈaʊtfɪt/
outfit (plural outfits)
- A set of clothing (with accessories).
- She wore a fashionable outfit with matching purse and shoes.
- Gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose.
- Any cohesive group of people; a unit; such as a military company.
- (informal) A business or firm.
- Should we buy it here, or do you think the outfit across town will have a better deal?
- (sports) A sports team.
- (statistics) An outlier-sensitive fit.
- (statistics) infit
- French: complet, costume, tenue
- German: Outfit
- Italian: completo, tenuta
- Russian: обмундирова́ние
- Spanish: conjunto, tenida
- French: nécessaire
- Russian: снаряже́ние
- Russian: подразделе́ние
- French: maison
- Russian: компа́ния
- Russian: команда
outfit (outfits, present participle outfitting; past and past participle outfitted)
- (transitive) To provide with, usually for a specific purpose.
- The expedition was outfitted with proper clothing, food, and other necessities.
- Portuguese: equipar
- Russian: укомплектовывать