- present participle of clothe#English|clothe
- Any of a wide variety of articles, usually made of fabrics, animal hair, animal skin, or some combination thereof, used to cover the human body for warmth, to preserve modesty, or for fashion.
- An act or instance of putting clothes on.
- The clothing and unclothing of the idols was of special significance.
- (obsolete) The art or process of making cloth.
- Instructing [refugees] in the art of clothing.
- A covering of non-conducting material on the outside of a boiler, or steam chamber, to prevent radiation of heat.
- French: vêtements, habits
- German: Kleidung
- Italian: abbigliamento, vestiti
- Portuguese: roupa, veste, vestidura, vestimenta, indumento, traje
- Russian: оде́жда
- Spanish: ropa, ropaje, indumentaria, indumento, vestido, vestidura, atuendo, atavío, vestimenta