paragraph (plural paragraphs)
- A passage in text that is about a different subject from the preceding text, marked by commencing on a new line, the first line sometimes being indented.
- (originally) A mark or note set in the margin to call attention to something in the text, such as a change of subject.
- (computing) An offset of 16 bytes in Intel memory architectures.
- French: paragraphe, alinéa
- German: Absatz
- Italian: paragrafo
- Portuguese: parágrafo
- Russian: абза́ц
- Spanish: párrafo
paragraph (paragraphs, present participle paragraphing; past and past participle paragraphed)
- To sort text into paragraphs.
- Italian: paragrafare