- (America) IPA: /pɚˈfɛkʃən/
- The quality or state of being perfect or complete, so that nothing substandard remains; the highest attainable state or degree of excellence
- We seek complete perfection.
- The system runs to perfection.
- to imitate a model to perfection
- A quality, endowment, or acquirement completely excellent; an ideal; faultlessness; especially, the divine attribute of complete excellence.
- What tongue can her perfections tell?
- French: perfection
- German: Vollkommenheit, Perfektion
- Italian: perfezione
- Portuguese: perfeição
- Russian: соверше́нство
- Spanish: perfección
perfection (perfections, present participle perfectioning; past and past participle perfectioned)
- (obsolete, transitive) To perfect.
- Sooner I'd kneel unto the modern nine / Alike perfectioned, though a virgin's name / They cannot boast […]